The magic of meditation

15:32


There are so many good reasons why you should meditate every now and then; it helps reduce stress, it makes you more relaxed, it decreases your blood pressure and so on, and so on..
One of the best things, if you ask me, is that it can improve your concentration during the day and your sleep at night. Enough reasons to start meditating right now.

Easy peasy!
A lot of people say meditation is easy: just sit down and think of nothing. But it's not that easy for everyone. When I'm told "don't think of anything", my mind will do the exact opposite and go totally wild. So that's a technique I can cross off my list. But luckily, there are many more techniques for meditation! For example, there are a lot of useful apps that can help you meditate. I myself tried the app 'Headspace'.

"Headspace is meditation made simple, a way of treating your head right" as it says in the description in the app store. The app is free, so the worst thing that can happen is; it sucks, I delete the app, and go on with my stressful life. Let's give it a try!










Take-10
The first program on headspace consists of a series called Take-10. It's a 10 day program containing 10 minute recordings of someone talking to you. A very calm voice tells you what to do, how to breath and what to think. I immediately notice that after a minute or two, my mind starts to wander of. No worries! The voice tells me it's okay and reassures me it will happen more often. Just breath and refocus.

If you enjoyed Take-10 and want to learn more, it's time to subscribe. When you do, you'll get access to hundreds of exercises from two minutes to an hour.
For me, Headspace was an easy introduction for meditation. Although easy, I didn't make it past day 5. It was surprisingly hard to take a 10 minute time-out everyday! The five days I did manage to meditate were much less stressful then usual. The cherry on top the cake was the awesome design of the app! By using great animations it was the most fun kind of meditation I have ever done!

Have you always wanted to try meditation, now is your chance! Download the app in the appstore and get started today! For more information on how it works check their website.


You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.