Urban farming for dummies

16:21

Welcome to the fourth chapter of the year: food! I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite one. Do I even have to explain why? Let's kick this chapter off with a subject which might seem familiar to you: urban farming!

source: The Pretty Blog, pictures by Christine Meintjes


Urban farming is making it's comeback and presenting itself in all kinds of shapes and sizes. It's getting more and more attention and there are countless organisations for getting involved or doing your own gardening. Countless (food)bloggers are giving urban farming a try. For example 'The Pretty Blog' who wrote an article on growing herbs and using them in recipes. 

In chapter one I already gave you three reasons why urban farming is super awesome. I talked about the increased awareness of chemicals being used on vegetables and fruits in the food industry - a bad side of the open world because people are becoming more and more suspicious about the origin of their food. With urban farming you can make sure your own greens will be the healthiest ever! I myself used to have a little greenhouse on my windowsill with herbs. I loved taking care of my little plants but by my lack of knowledge about the herbs they all died in the end. I tried many times, but all the plants ended up dying every time. So the problem of this DIY vegetable trend is a lack of knowledge. To make this sad story a little bit happier I want to introduce you to "Rauwdouwers".
Rauwdouwers DIY packages
Rauwdouwers is a company where you can buy seeds and get started with your own vegetable garden. But why pick this one over all the other organisations who are alike? Let me explain to you why rauwdouwers is the best of all! The cool thing about Rauwdouwers is that you will learn with small steps. Every month you'll get a package in your mailbox with seeds and a manual that learns you all about the 'what and how' of the plants. The cherry on top is the design of the manuals. Cool little books decorated with great illustrations give you all the information you need so that your plants are fail-proof. If you think that is great.. there is more! The books also contains little experiments, puzzles and recipe. How amazing if you can successfully grow your own vegetables and make an awesome dinner with it, all by yourself!

We can say for sure that urban farming is a booming trend. It still has a lot of growth potential because of the authenticity of it. People want to know more about the origin of their food. Growing your own gives a guarantee on fresh and chemical-free food. Do you still haven't got your own urban garden? The time to start is now! 

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.