The bike of the future

15:10

Bicycles: you can't even imagine Dutch cities without them. I myself love to ride a bike. I use it every day to go to school, work, meet friends and do groceries. It's my number one way of transportation. Wouldn't it be great if all big international cities were crowded with bikes instead of cars?







If you ask me the city of the future needs a bike of the future. Let me introduce you to the Halfbike. The Halfbike is a bike especially designed for transportation within densely populated city streets. It's a modern version of a folding bike and you can take it easily with you in trains or busses without needing a lot of space. The Halfbike has a little resemblance of a segway, but mixed with a traditional bike. Instead of sitting on a saddle, the rider stands on the peddles and leans in the direction he or she wants to go.

It think this bike has a lot of potential especially for big cities. The problem with normal bikes is that you can't take them with you in public transportation. With the Halfbike this problem is solved and you can easily use public transport in combination with your bike! Also the bike is more easy to store in your home and doesn't need a lot of space. The cherry on top is that it simple looks very stylish. Who wouldn't want to have a bike like this?

Watch the video below to see the Halfbike in action. Want your own Halfbike? You can still back the project on Kickstarter!



You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.