What about health?

12:50

This morning when I woke up, the first thing I did was take my eye medicine. Damnit, my allergies started playing up again. Just to be sure I also took some tablets, you never know! Breakfast with yoghurt, fresh fruits and water (because I really really need to drink more). If I take a shower I use Neutral, because other brands make my skin dry and itchy. While searching for my towel I discover a bruise. I got it probably from surfing the other day, I still feel the pain in my muscles. After that, I brush my teeth and realize I have to make an dentist appointment very soon. 


Health is something you don't think about every day. It is only when there is something wrong with it you start to notice it. A doctor's visit, a dentist or a psychologist suddenly make you become aware of your health. In fact, health is something that you are doing every day, even though you may not be aware of. Even before I dressed myself today I've already done more than 5 things that concern my health. Your body takes care of you unconditionally. If you need nutrients, your body will let you know by feeling thirsty or having a rumbling stomach. Sometimes we forget we have to do something in return for our bodies. 

Personally, I don't do sports. Not very healthy you would say, but health is much more than just sports. Health is movement. Literally, like cycling to school, but also mentally. Becoming aware of your actions having an impact on your body. Stress for example, often manifests itself in physical symptoms, because mind and body are closely connected to each other. Health is not only physically but also mentally.

Try to keep that in mind and find the balance in between that feels right for you.




You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.