,

How to be an explorer of the world #4 - Instant sculpture

15:43

For the last exploration of this chapter I chose #17: Instant Sculpture. "Consider that everything around you is a source for sculpture (or art). Try making quick pieces using whatever you have around you in the moment."

Since I always find the woods very inspiring I wanted to use 'nature' as my source of materials. I went for a walk in the woods and came up with 50 ideas in 5 minutes. Do you have any idea how many different textures, colors, shapes and objects you can find in there? Trees, plants, grass, dirt, moss, mushrooms, water, not to mention all the animals I came across. I decided to pick a material most appropriate for this season: a leaf.


One tree in particular caught my attention. A mixture of colors; red on the ground, green up in the air and yellow somewhere half-way down. I wanted to create an image that really showed the beautiful process of autumn in one look. And what better way than to organize it neatly in a color scheme! (I'm feeling slightly OCD again!)


My dog interfered with his opinion from another perspective. We seemed to disagree about the tennis ball being part of this assignment. Although I'm doubting if dogs really are colorblind: After a few tries he matched up the ball perfectly in the color scheme!

It was really fun doing these assignments from the book 'How to be an Explorer of the World'! It gave me a flashback to art school and reminded me of the silly assignments we had to do sometimes.
It's good to have an open mind and change your perspective on things every now and then. One day it'll maybe cause your breakthrough! ;)

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

About me

Hi my name is Anouck. I like cats, food, photography and the color mintgreen. This is a blog about the discoveries of an International Lifestyle student.